EL ENCANTO DE LAS ESCALERAS

Monday, February 7, 2011

A DAY BY THE PARK

 ONE of my earliest memories as a child was marked by one visit to the Luis Munhoz Rivera Park. ONE visit. It was enough to determine
what I was to become unconsciously 51  years later. A deep respect for nature and the aboriginal simple ways. 


My dad, a poor guy, not humble at all, auto repair man from the city, with a cigar maker, alcoholic father, demonstrated  that pride is useless unless you have some solid fundamental structure to support it. In his case reading. My dad was very unpleasant with the ignorant, not necessarily in the academic ways .  I do not mean only with those who could not read, but the whole spectrum.


My mother, a product from our extinct agricultural roots, taught me that fundamentals, being consequent with one actions, moral and religion beliefs is what really matter when judging one's character and complacent ways.


My dad's overcame my mother's silly, bland, complacent with this valley of tears lame, weak, view of life.  I  am ruthless, no pity or prisoners taken. In terms of nature, flora/fauna and/or environmental issues. 


I think that will do for now....
I would suggest to those Puercorican lovers of the rag flag, too often just posing, high fist, firebrand,  culture, language, food, music and scenery to be more consistent with their actions and writings.

There is not much left to be proud
off.  Your action/words are just that...water and salt.

3 comments:

  1. a cagarnos contigo en la ostia Angigonum, Dios te bendiga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veo que te ha mejorado el humor! Un abrazo; que bueno saber un poquitito de la raíz de ese roble enfurecido que camina contigo y, por favor, traduce y publica, donde quiera que puedas publicarlo esta parte de tu mensaje:

    "I would suggest to those Puercorican lovers of the rag flag, high fist, firebrand, culture, language, food, music and scenery to be more consistent with their actions and writings."

    A todos nos aplica, tengamos high fist y firebrand,etc. o provengan de Uptown Puerto Rico.

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saludos,

    Existen traductores virtuales con un click...
    Agradezco la visita.

    ReplyDelete