EL ENCANTO DE LAS ESCALERAS

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FROM SANTURCE A CAPETILLO UN PASO EH.

During my pilgrimage by bus towards concrete/asphalted Parque Donha Ines, I decided to take some photos in Capetillo, where I got off, walking the rest of the way.

One never get to see the crude reality in printed media or television, impressions that never get equal time anywhere. Not in the University of Puerto Rico, in the opposite side of this barrio, or among  air heads in environmental blindfolded utopias, Sierra Club comes to mind.

How can this Cueva de Ladrones claim to be such a paradise with fecal waters in poor wretched vicinities for the last seventy years of 'progress and development', moving like fresh water, ending their voyage in Laguna San Jose?  

Not all is lost. There is a community
edible garden in Capetillo. I thought of doing volunteer work, but as usual it is not possible.  I always encounter square/one track minds down my path, screw them, my war call. Here is a picture. You be the judge.

1 comment:

  1. OK, P.R. has N.M. beat in polluted surface water. (now Ciudad Juarez, perhaps not)

    I liked the architecture, and I loved the colored walls and buildings. Just need more plants other than lawns. Nice mini-jungles, potted plants, etc.

    ReplyDelete